Sunday, October 26, 2014

My Special Day

Once a year, every one has a special day. Mine was on Thursday. I'm 33 years young. And I really can't complain. I'm not feeling "old" but I'm not 20 either. Life is good. I can honestly say that I'm proud of who I am and what I have achieved so far. And I'm truly blessed to have two great children and a loving husband I can spend my life/birthdays with.
Even though we didn't plan anything for my birthday, it was a great day. I was amazed at how many people congratulated me and thought of me. I don't take that for granted. It means a lot to me and makes my birthday special. I thank God for my life and the many incredible blessings, special friends and family he has given me. 
Luckily, my loving husband was still on vacation and so we had the whole day to spend as a family together. We had breakfast together, went for a nice walk and then I spent some
me-time at the salon and got a haircut (which I desperately needed) and a pedicure. It felt nice to be pampered while the kids had fun at home with their daddy. And a birthday without cake wouldn't be a birthday. So in the afternoon, we went to Cheesecake Factory, where we had a delicious slice of cheesecake. The kids and I have a sweet tooth, so the cake was just what we needed, whereas my husband decided to get an Ahi-Tuna appetizer. He sure didn't had to share that with us. For dinner we took it easy and went to WholeFoods for take-out. Everyone could choose what they wanted.

I have to mention that my little girl made me a birthday card (with my help, but it was her idea), which was the best card a mommy can ever receive. And my loving husband gave me a certificate for a 2-hour horseback ride. So, on today I went to the local horse farm called "Blue Heron Ranch" and enjoyed a nice trail ride. I have not  sat on a horse in a long time but I clearly missed it.  The weather was great and my horse "Storm" was very pleasant and did great on my commands. Since it was only me and the barn manager going on a ride, I could decide what we wanted to do. So, we did everything from walking, trotting, cantering and even galloping. Sitting on that horse makes me feel young and free again. It was just a perfect gift for the horse lover in me.
And since Amelia wanted to see me on the horse, Derrick and the kids met us at the horse farm when we came back from our trail ride. Amelia was able to feed the horses, watch the chickens, and play with the cat. But best of all, she was allowed to do a couple of laps on my horse. And she was invited to come back and ride the miniature horses in the next week.
So, all in all I had a fabulous birthday and enjoyed spending it with my loved ones. I really do like celebrating birthday, even though I'd rather celebrate someone else's birthday and give gifts, but I think it is important to celebrate life and the fact that one was born.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment