Tuesday, July 22, 2014

On the Move

No, we are not moving yet. But someone in our family is on the move. And he is getting better and quicker at it every day. Elliot, who just turned 7 months old, is a belly creeper. He is laying on his tummy and with the help of his arms, he is propelling himself forward. Within two days, he made it from just one or two feet to creeping across an entire room.


Given his improvements in speed and efficiency over the past few days, I assume it won't take much longer and my baby boy is crawling. He is already learning to balance on his hands and knees/ tippy toes while strengthening his muscles to move around. Once he crawls, we will be in trouble. Kitchen cabinets, drawers, Amelia's toys and even the cat will be on his quest to be explored.




 Lately, he is also moving a lot in his crib around. Specifically, he likes to pull down the bumper pad and play peek-a-boo. It's too cute since he always smiles at you when he wakes up. Such a happy boy!

Even though every day I'm excited about all the new things he does and I can't wait for him to explore his surroundings, I'm also a little sad that he has grown so much in the past few weeks and months and that he is no longer my tiny little infant I can hold and cuddle for hours on end. Thus, I truly enjoy and treasure the minutes I get when he falls asleep in my arms or when I nurse him and he looks dreamingly up to me and smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment