Monday, July 21, 2014

The Naked Truth

As I mentioned in my previous post, my almost 3-year old daughter loves dressing up as a princess. I even made her a "Princess Elsa" cape. Here she is in her princess dress. Usually, she also sports a crown or tiara and some necklaces or butterfly wings.


But as much as she loves wearing her dress-up clothes, she loves it even more to go "butt-naked", which means princess underwear and shoes. We explained to her that going butt-naked at home is fine, but in public we have to wear our clothes. Even though it is logically to us as adults to put on clothes when stepping out of the door, it is not so much for a toddler. Let's say it that way, we had quite a few arguments and tears about that. Oh, and did I mention that she likes dancing too? Of course, preferably butt-naked.

No comments:

Post a Comment