Saturday, September 20, 2014

My Little Mermaid Amelia

For the past two months, Amelia has taken private swim lessons at the YMCA. Yesterday, after 15 lessons each 30 minutes, she finished with them. Since our little girl loves the water and wants to constantly swim in the big pool, we decided that it is necessary for her to know how to survive in the water in case she ever falls in to a pool. Thus, the private lessons. And I must say, she does very well. She definitely learned a lot and can swim across a medium sized pool all by herself now. Her swim instructor was very helpful too and pushed her to make sure she learns how to come up for air and use her arms in the water.

 

 
So for the past few weeks, we were at the pool every Tuesday and Thursday morning and sometimes even on Fridays. The great thing about taking swim lessons at the YMCA is that they have a kids' club on site, where they babysit all children under the age of 5. So, while Amelia and I were in the pool, Elliot was well taken care of inside. Before each swim lesson, I played with my little girl in the pool for a few minutes and then swam some laps while she had her lessons. That way, I was able to exercise instead of sitting in that Florida heat watching her swim. 
 
I'm very proud of my little mermaid and the progress she made. She definitely is on her way to become a great swimmer one day. Here are a couple of video clips of her last swim lesson.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment