Thursday, April 30, 2015

Home Tour: Front and Backyard

One month ago we moved in to our new home and we are finally all unpacked and settled in. I will give you all a little tour of our house, starting off with the front and backyard. The front of our two-story, 3 bedroom house:
Within the first week of living here, I made sure the front yard looks spring ready so I planted some flowers and spread some mulch. Since the dirt here is red clay, it is very hard to tilt or plant anything, but not impossible. It just takes a while longer, more sweat and muscles and extra soil on top of it. But in the end, I'm quite satisfied with the results.
The back of our house:
The house has a spacious (0.3 acres) backyard and a nice-sized patio as well as a fireplace. It's the perfect place to run around, play, relax and enjoy some hot dogs and S'mores at night. 
For the past few days, I have been working on my vegetable garden. After the heavy rains last weekend the soil/ red clay was loose enough that I was able to weed, tilt, resoil and plant my garden.
While I was working hard, Amelia was supervising and Elliot enjoyed watching us. I can't wait to harvest some tomatoes, eggplant, strawberries, bell peppers, cucumbers, carrots and lettuce this summer. 
Even though our backyard ends at the fence, we do have a backdoor to reach the nature preserve that sits behind us. There is a little path that leads to a cute bridge leading over a stream and then to a lake. It is quite romantic and perfect for a little adventure walk. 
We are enjoying our house and even more so the backyard, especially when the temperature is in the high 60s and it is neither too cold nor too hot to be outside. I can promise you, during the next few months you will see lots more pictures of us having fun in our backyard on this blog. So stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment