Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Blog-tember Challenge: Day 14- In the Mood for Fall

After skipping yesterday's #blogtemberchallenge, I'm back today. Yesterday's prompt (If you could switch lives with someone for a day, who would it be? Why?) was a good one and I thought hard all day who I would want to be and came up with....nothing. I can't see myself being someone else, not even for a day. A lot of people mentioned Joanna Gaines or famous authors or Kate Middleton or even the president, and while I think these are fabulous people, I also think I don't want to be them. I am who I am: happy, sad, confused, excited, fulfilled, insecure, loving, lonely or something in between.  
Anyways, here we are, halfway thru the month of September and soon the official start of autumn. I can't wait. Today's prompt: Create a Mood Board, falls right in line with how I feel. Waiting patiently (or not) for the best season of the year to arrive. Somehow, it is still 90F degrees here every afternoon and we are hoping for some cooler temps to reach us soon. My mood board is all about fall: harvest decorations, Halloween treats, wearing leggings and plaids, and taking life at a slower pace. Somehow, cooler weather means more relaxing and resting the soul more than during our busy summer months. Thus, reading books, playing games, staying warm by the fireplace and hanging out with my favorite people on a lazy Saturday afternoon are all things I love doing during fall. 

8 comments:

  1. My mood board too has an autumn/fall feel to it! I cannot wait for it to arrive! We're currently experiencing really high temperatures too and I am willing it to cool down :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. Fall is my favorite time of the year.

      Delete
  2. Love it!! Love fall colors...
    Amber scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the autumn warmth and coziness! I can't wait to bust out my plaid too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you know exactly what I'm talking about!

      Delete
  4. Its still super warm here in Texas but I can hardly wait for crisp air, reading underneath a cozy blanket, and pumpkin-spiced everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I made already a couple of batches of pumpkin cookies and this week, the weather finally turned cooler. Fall is on it's way...finally!

      Delete