Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

This has been my fourth Mother's Day and it may just has been the best one yet. No, not because of gifts or flowers (we decided not to spend any money on those things this year) but because of the two perfect gifts God entrusted to me and my husband.
I'm so blessed to be Amelia's and Elliot's mom and I wouldn't want to trade it in the world. Even though some days can be long, tiring and just plain exhausting, but the good days far outweigh that. I can hardly remember life before you both...I bet I smelled so clean, and always had freshly shaved legs, painted toe nails, and cute outfits on instead of yoga pants. My food was always hot and wasn't being stolen by tiny hands. Restroom runs had been quiet and peaceful but nowadays when I go to the restroom someone is always following me...as a mother the word privacy doesn't exist. There are fingerprints all over the windows and the freshly cleaned floors are dirty within minutes. My clothes seem to be a magnet for spit-up, grime, or poop and  I feel that I spend too much time wiping butts and snooty noses. Sleeping in on the weekends was rejuvenating but now my wake-up call is often before the sunrises and I have to answer tough questions such as "Why?" 100 times a day. Ahhh yes, life before becoming a mom must have been so incredibly boring...and restful....and definitely monotonous.  Thus, I'm thankful for being their mom today and every day and I wouldn't want to raise them with anyone else than my loving husband.

"You are my I love you"

I am your parent you are my child
I am your quiet place, you are my wild
I am your calm face, you are my giggle
I am your wait, you are my wiggle
I am your audience, you are my clown
I am your London Bridge, you are my falling down
I am your Carrot Sticks, you are my licorice
I am your dandelion, you are my first wish
I am your water wings, you are my deep
I am your open arms, you are my running leap
I am your way home, you are my new path
I am your dry towel, you are my wet bath
I am your dinner you are my chocolate cake
I am your bedtime, you are my wide awake
I am your finish line, you are my race
I am your praying hands, you are my saving grace
I am your favourite book, you are my new lines
I am your nightlight, you are my sunshine
I am your lullaby, you are my peek-a-boo
I am your kiss goodnight, you are my I love you
 Author: Maryann K Cusimano

But no Mother's Day would be complete without thinking of and thanking my mom: I love you! Thank you for continually always being there for me and always loving me regardless of anything. You are always just a phone call away (despite 5000 miles distance and 6 hours of time change) and I look forward to our (almost) daily chats about every random thing under the sun. You are the best mommy I could ever have wanted. I am so thankful today and every day for a mother who has always loved fiercely, been the life of the party and has been so selfless. You are the finest example of motherhood and I'm so thankful that you talk me through the hard days and rejoice with me on the great days. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment