Sunday, February 18, 2018

Business Trip To France

In the beginning of February, my boss, my co-worker and I spent a week in France. My company acquired a distributor near Bordeaux and we were there for team meetings and to figure out how to transition certain things between these two companies. 
We traveled almost 19 hours to get from point A to point B and one does not get much sleep on a transcontinental flight. But this is what you see when you arrive in Bordeaux: an extra large bottle of wine! They even grow grapes between the terminals. 
The entire week while we were in the South of France, it was super cold. We even had snow a couple of mornings. 
The town we stayed at is very popular during the summer as it is located on the Atlantic ocean. We did not had time to sight see as we worked from 8:30am till past 6pm but one evening I was lucky to snap a picture of the low tide in the small harbor before dusk:
That was the same night, my co-workers picked up fresh Oysters for dinner (I ate salad and pizza instead).
First time, I saw a Baguette vending machine, located right next to a local bakery:
On Thursday, we took off early to drive down to Spain to visit another office location. This office is located just a few miles behind the Spanish border, near the Pyrenees mountains. It was very cold that day (36F/ 2C) and there was no heat in the office, except for one small radiator. But we made up for this inconvenience by enjoying the best steak and Jambon ever for lunch. 
Business trips always sound so glorious but they are not really. This was my working spot, right next to the heater among some wine bottles. The only positive was that we took a bottle to the hotel at night to enjoy it with our dinner.
Plus being away for over a week from my family and traveling for 19+ hours during flu season and weather delays can be exhausting. I did took one day to spent in Paris before I flew back to the States. But by Sunday, I was ready to head back home to my loved ones:
Next up, my 40 hours in Paris with the best sidekick ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment