Saturday, September 28, 2019

5K Race and Party Time

Earlier this month and for the third year in a row, I participated in a local 5K race to raise money for underprivileged children. While I won the race the first time I participated, lately the competition got more intense. Nonetheless, the race is still fun especially since my family always comes to cheer me on.  
This year, I finished third in the overall female category with 23:47, 45 seconds faster than the year before. Not my top results but given the heat, humidity, and hilly route, I was happy with it. 
A couple of weeks ago, my friend Emily hosted her annual Hallelujah Back to Schoolah Party for her mommy friends. Just a fun evening with good friends, food, wine and some games (and learning how to twerk, courtesy of Paige):
Today, it was a busy day with the children attending two birthday parties. In the morning, our friend Carolyn celebrated her 3rd birthday with a Flamingo Water Party. Just the right thing in this Southern heat. 
After some rest at home, it was then Elliot's turn to celebrate his friend Hudson at an indoor trampoline park. Lots of bouncing, jumping and running...the best for these rambunctious boys. 

 Happy 6th Birthday, Hudson!

No comments:

Post a Comment