Sunday, July 5, 2020

10th Anniversary and Fireworks

On Friday, Derrick and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. I can't believe it has been 10 years since our beautiful wedding day in Germany. I still remember it like yesterday despite that the day passed by so quickly. But so did these past 10 years: 2 children, 5 moves, 3 different States, new jobs, our own home but the wedding dress still fits.
Now:

Then:
I'm married to the man of my dreams, the one who walks By My Side (our song by Tenth Ave North) thru joy and happiness and despair and sadness.  I'm proud to be his wife and to be the one who raises these two children with him. Derrick, I love you always and forever!
There were no gifts or flowers but a day spent together as a family. We enjoyed a delicious lunch with King Crab Legs and champagne and a visit to the jewelry store to get my rings combined into one (something I wanted for a long time). 
Since our wedding day, thanks to my father for the surprise gift, and the fact that our anniversary is the day before Independence Day, we always get a fireworks show. Despite all the firework show cancellations in the city due to Covid-19, we made our own little fireworks show. 
And once the children were in bed, we turned up the music and danced under the stars in our front yard. It was the perfect day and I will always remember it. You are the one I need to go to bed with every night and wake up to!
Happy Birthday, America! Our 4th of July was nothing special except we had to purchase a new washer and dryer and digged for some worms in the yard. While it was a super hot day, we decided to avoid crowds by staying home. Popsicles and then Hamilton on TV while playing Monopoly and ribs for dinner...all American day. 
Today, we planned on going to the beach but thunderstorms were in the forecast for late morning, so we just headed to the creek near our town. The water was refreshing and it was so peaceful. While the children caught some crayfish, the adults waded in the water. Next time, we will bring a chair and a cool beverage. 
Happy 4th and we hope everyone enjoyed a fun and safe weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment