Thursday, June 11, 2015

Water Babies and Princesses

This week was all about sunshine, water and princesses. It definitely felt like the first week of summer with daily temperatures in the high 80'sF (30C). Thus, we were either in the splash pool, at the lake or the community pool. After going to our "private" beach on Tuesday, we took the kids to the community pool on Wednesday afternoon. It reminded me of the community pool in the 90's movies (i.e: Caddyshack). The kids were excited and ready to jump in. 
The pool has a shallow entrance and some overhead sprinklers, which was just perfect for the little ones.
But every hour for 10 minutes they pull everyone out of the pool so that the adults could swim some laps. So Derrick took advantage of the empty pool while 50+ kids watched him swim his laps (it was a pretty funny and a surreal scene). Luckily, the wait was short and then it was back in to the water.
Other days we spent playing in the backyard. Elliot loves playing soccer with Daddy, Amelia helps me with my garden and they have fun playing with their toys. But the best part of a hot afternoon is when they can enjoy a cold Popsicle on the deck.
 
But all that playing,being out in the sun and splashing in the water makes for tired children. So after dinner, we read stories together. Even though my little boy is very tired at that point, it doesn't keep him from reading his favorite books. Actually, Elliot loves reading books all day long. Multiple times (i.e: every time I sit down) during the day he will come up to you, crawl in to your lap and then makes sure we will read his book (several times) to him. I'm just happy to see that he enjoys books as much as the rest of the family. 
Today I surprised Amelia by taking her to "Princess Night" at our local Chick fil-a. Every Thursday night during the summer, the restaurant offers some fun activities for the kids. And this one was just perfect for my little princess. Eating while we wait for the main attraction to arrive. 
And the princesses arrived in style:
Welcome Belle, Cinderella and Aurora:
Since Amelia was first in line, she was greeted by Cinderella and then walked over to the carriage for a ride. Even mommy was allowed to join in on the fun.
The carriage ride took about 5 minutes and was lots of fun. Cinderella chatted with the girls (3 children plus mommies), sang a song and taught them how to wave like a princess. When we came back, there were lots of little princesses waiting for their turn in the carriage. 
Amelia loved greeting each princess and gave them all a big hug.
The princesses were all super sweet and reminded me of true Disney characters. It all felt like a dream come true. Thanks to Chick fil-a I took one happy girl back home.
It makes me happy when I see my girl beaming from ear to ear. I could tell she loved it as she said "thank you" several times on our drive home. Remember, you can be anything you want to be, my little princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment