Sunday, November 20, 2016

Kicking off Christmas Season

This is the time of year for traditions and we added a new one this week to our repertoire: homemade pizza night. The kids were excited to make their own, individualized pizzas from scratch.  Elliot loaded his pizza with all the meats and cheeses available and Amelia tried some mushrooms, pineapple and corn next to her regular staples. They turned out great and were delicious! Pizza night will now be a monthly event in our house, for sure. 
Oh, and just in case you are wondering, safety goggles are now Elliot's new accessories. He only takes them off for eating, washing or sleeping. 
Albeit early, we kicked off Christmas season yesterday by going to see How the Grinch stole Christmas-The Musical at the Grand Ole Opry House.
I have never been there before and the Christmas decorations looked great and I bet there is not one bad seat in the house.
 Up close to the stage:
It was Amelia's and Elliot's first musical ever and they loved it. The performance featured colorful costumes, catchy songs, a great cast and the right length to keep their attention.  Every year during my childhood my mom took us kids to see a Christmas revue or play at the big theater (Friedrichstadtpalast) and I loved those children's revues. That's why it is important for me to expose my children to theater and make it an annual tradition of going to see a new play every year.
Since we were already next to the Opry Mills Mall, we decided to visit Santa's Wonderland at Bass Pro Shop after the musical. While I waited in line, the kids enjoyed playing games and coloring. Then it was their turn to sit on Santa's lap and tell them their wishes. 
I love this picture of my two babies. Just smiles and no tears.
Picture Op at the North Pole:
Me and my kids in front of the big fireplace at Bass Pro Shop. We definitely will turn ours on today after hitting below 32F (0 C) last night for the first time this year and a daytime high in the 40sF (8 C) today.
I'm so ready to decorate for Christmas and listen to Christmas songs all day long. But we won't decorate till after Thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to hosting a big Thanksgiving dinner this year and hope that all my menu ideas turn out good. I love this season with all it's trimmings and food!

No comments:

Post a Comment