Saturday, November 26, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016

This year, our Thanksgiving started off a bit differently: At 8am I ran a 5 miles (8km) race with hundreds of other people and the whole family came to cheer me on. This was the first race in a long time for me and I was quite a bit excited. 
Hendersonville running club member Deanne, my friend Bettina and I before the start
 The kids found a turkey DJ:
Here I come. Amelia was excited to run the last 100m with me to the finish line. I finished the 5 miles in 41.35 minutes (6th in my age group and 26th overall from 133 female participants), which I am very happy with. There were three inclines, wet roads and breezy conditions to deal with, so I'm more than satisfied and proud of my accomplishment. 
Exhausted but happy:
After a shower and something little to eat, it was time for me to start cooking our feast. We had invited a coworker from Derrick's office as well as his brother and wife from California to join us. So this was my first time cooking an entire bird, a 14 lbs nonetheless. 
Amelia's stuffed animals are testing the seating arrangements:
I also prepared mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, homemade stuffing, gravy from the turkey drippings, cranberry relish, roasted Brussels sprouts and biscuits. It was a feast and according to everyone, delicious. 
 All of us:
We are very happy and thankful this year that we got to spend this holiday together with each other (after being apart for more than 20 weeks this year due to travels, moving, etc) and with family and friends. But most importantly we are thankful for good health and always having a full belly. The Lord truly blessed us! We hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving holiday as much as we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment