Saturday, May 12, 2018

Field Day at Elementary School

The elementary school my daughter attends held their annual Filed Day on Friday. The First graders were excited and ready to get wet. The day was a huge success and tons of "wet" fun, which was perfect for this hot day. Part of the local high school band and their mascot stopped by to start off the games and show their support for the little ones. 
Before dropping Elliot off at preschool, we stayed to watch them at their first game. Love how the older sister is taking her little brother under her "wing". 
Assembly time and the national anthem: 
And then it was time for the first game: Buckethead, which left half of the class soaking wet at 7:45am. 
There were 12 games in total but I was only able to cheer on Amelia and her classmate early in the morning and then 3 hours later after work. I do love that I can work and still be this involved in my children's activities and school functions. And I know my children love having me there too and that's what is important. 
 Here are some outtakes from the other games:
 
And a video compilation: 
While there were some games where the students could win a ribbon (mostly the tall students in class won), it was all about having fun and that they did!

No comments:

Post a Comment