Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mother's Day Weekend

This Mother's day weekend we took it easy. Between a birthday party on Saturday morning and a walk in the park on Sunday, we spent the rest of the weekend at home. I'm still recovering from a week of bad seasonal allergies that knocked my breath out. This is the first year I'm having allergy issues and if you could see the white pollen flying in the air like snowflakes, you would instantly understand. So trying to find the right allergy medicine is taking time but slowly I feel like my normal self again. Unfortunately, that also meant I wasn't able to go running for the past 2 weeks. But life goes on and there was no time to hold back. The kids enjoyed celebrating their friend's 5th birthday: 
We are also in the process of repainting our deck and finishing up other projects around the house. So Saturday afternoon the adults painted while the kids' played in the backyard. But today for Mother's Day we are taking a day off from doing chores and enjoy spending time with each other and resting. 
Early this morning, my two little ones surprised me with their lovely handmade gifts from school: 
I am beyond thankful to be their mom. Life is not always easy and I'm far from being a perfect mom but their love for me and my love for them is endless. And every day is a fresh start to get it right. Often I feel these two teach me more in a day than I can teach them in a month. I love you, Amelia and Elliot, to the moon and back!
We went for a walk in the park before it got too hot and discovered a great spot at the small river to hang out at. 
The one who is by my side at all times and helps me navigate life with these two crazy kids. He also surprised me with a beautiful wristband for Mother's Day.
Back home we put up my gift, a bird feeder, in the yard while the children cooled off under the sprinkler. We are hoping that some birds will visit us soon.
Water babies:
While we may not dressed up today and skipped church, we all enjoyed spending some extra time together. Sometimes I'm too busy to just sit and listen to them and often we don't make the time to watch one whole movie together but today we did. And it was wonderful and much needed. Maybe one day we will actually go to a Mother's Day brunch but until then, I enjoy our messy and happy life and love on those people who love me the most. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment