Sunday, May 5, 2019

Butterflies, Mother's Day and some Cuteness

May came quickly and will be even busier than any other month of the year for us. Between school activities, first day of summer break, recitals, teacher appreciation, football games and my distributor conference, I'm sure the month will be over before we realize it.

Over the past few weeks, Amelia and her classmates watched the metamorphosis of their butterflies until it was time to release them. The teacher asked me if I could help out and I happily stopped by school during my lunch break to assist by taking pictures.  


Even I got a turn in the tent to hold a butterfly. 
We also got Amelia's Spring school pictures back ad once I saw them, I knew I needed to order at least one of them: Fearless!
2nd grade class picture:
Look at our handsome boy with his fresh summer cut:
May started off with Teacher Appreciation Week and we couldn't be more grateful to have had Mrs. Ingham this year as Amelia's 2nd grade teacher. She was experienced, loving, kind but also taught them to try their hardest and dream big. So, we surprised her with some goodies and Amelia took it upon herself to sweep the classroom while I hung up the door decorations on a Friday afternoon. 
Caught red-pawed doing Elliot's homework:
Our garden is growing and we started to harvest strawberries, onions, lettuce and soon more tomatoes than we can eat. 
Mother's Day started off with a slow morning, despite me waking up before dawn and working downstairs while everyone else was still asleep. I crawled back to bed just in time and read my book while my crew prepared breakfast for me. I'm sure the cat would have liked if I stayed in bed all day with her. 
These children bring out the best (and sometimes the worst) in me but I do love them with all my heart and I feel beyond blessed to be called their mother:
Homemade cards and gifts are the BEST: 
Daddy and his boy reading a comic book together: 
The special day included a mani-/ pedicure and cheering on my favorite Packers players and a relaxing night at home before I left for the conference on Monday morning.
These two grow up way to quickly but no worries, I will still call them my babies when their are all grown up and have babies on their own. 

Being a mother means that your heart is no longer yours; it wanders wherever your children go (author unknown). Thus, I'm so thankful to my mom who still cares for her three children the same way as when we were little. Even though we are thousands of miles apart, our bond is stronger than ever. Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment: