Saturday, August 10, 2019

HAPPY 8th BIRTHDAY, AMELIA!

Dear Amelia,
Today is your 8th birthday. My, how time flies. You are now a third grader and there is no holding you back any longer. You love to draw, read and write, to make up jokes and play with Lego and Barbies. You love every kind of animal and would adopt them all, if we would let you. No wonder you want to be a veterinarian (and artist) when you grow up. You are a girly girl: a mother's dream. 
Your personality has grown and you are feisty, independent and strong-willed, just like your mommy. Often these attributes cause some tension in our relationship, but it is only because our personalities are so much alike. I want certain things for you but have to realize that you are your own person. I love that you are an individual and that you answer me back. I also try to teach you obedience but I'm also happy (secretly and sometimes not-so-secretly) that you know your own mind and call me out on things that are not important enough. 
Despite our arguments and the pressure I sometimes put on you to to give your best (the problem of a first-born child), always know that I love you to the moon and back and I'm so very proud of you. 

I will always be there for you, unconditionally, loving you because I see you and celebrate you for who you are. I'm 100% certain that our bond is so great that we always will be there for each other: Mother and Daughter. One day, we will be best friends, just like Mommy and Oma. 

 You are brilliant and I see God's creative power in you. I see a child who will go far in life and who can achieve anything she sets her mind to. Whatever path you choose in life, you can always count on me loving you, hearing you, believing in you, seeing your truth and beauty and being your greatest supporter and friend. 
Happy 8th Birthday, my girl!

Love, 

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment