Saturday, August 3, 2019

Visit to the Grandparents in South Carolina

After only a few days at home, the children and Derrick were ready to board another plane to go on a short trip to South Carolina to visit Derrick's parents. We have not seen Grandma and Grandpa in 15 months. Unfortunately, I was not able to go with them as I had to work and take care of the pets at home. All ready to go:
While I was at work, those three had lots of fun. On Tuesday, they went to Cypress Garden, which is a nature preserve. It is a swamp filled with Alligators and a butterfly garden. 
Nature walk in the swamp:
 They found 2 Alligators laying in the sun right by the path:
 Butterfly Garden:
They also went a couple of afternoons to the beach. In the span of only two weeks, those kids swam in the Pacific and Atlantic Ocean. Luckily, they did not encounter any sharks. But Amelia did get stung by a jelly fish on Thursday morning. But by the time their plane landed in the evening, all marks were gone thanks to Daddy putting cream on right away. 
 Sad I missed this view:
It looks like they had a great time at the grandparents house. Even Pops played some Legos with the kids. 
 Grandma and her grandbabies (and Marty):
While they were gone, I worked long hours and also finished some deep cleaning around the house. I shampooed the carpets and scrubbed the bathrooms on Monday night. Luckily, my Tuesday afternoon/ evening was much more enjoyable. First I had a way overdue hair appointment, then went to registration at school and lastly went out to dinner with my friend Bettina. We ate Vietnamese at Vui's Kitchen, which was delicious. Reminded me of California. Afterwards, we went window shopping a bit and ended the night at Cheesecake Factory for dessert. After all, it was National Cheesecake Day :)
Wednesday night was porch time at my friend's Emily house. Nothing better than watching the sunset with a glass of wine, cuddling some adorable kittens and chatting with a friend. 
Despite some fun nights out, I still missed my people. The house was awfully quite without them and I was one happy lady, when I picked them back up at the airport on Thursday evening. Now, my heart and arms are full again!
Friday morning on my way out the door, this was the scene I left behind (not pictured, the guinea pigs which are sitting further to the side): breakfast on the front porch. All are happy to be back home!
It definitely was a fun-filled and eventful summer but now we are ready to go back to school. Goodbye summer break, hello 3rd grade and Kindergarten!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment