Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year 2015


I can't believe it is already 2015. Sometimes, I still want to write down 2013. Somehow 2014 came and went so quick. It is true, the older we get the more time seems to fly. On New Year's Eve we invited some friends over for some food and fun for a few hours. 
Melissa, Ellie and Fran
Our dear friends and their families:
It was a great, easy going evening and everyone enjoyed themselves. There was plenty of good food and great company.
The kids enjoyed entertaining us with their horns. What a loud noise they made.
Once it was dark, we had some Pop-Its, Sparklers, silly strings and one small spraying firework in the backyard.
At that point Elliot was pretty tired and hung back with Daddy and Amelia was, as expected, scared of the little noise the fireworks made.
After our guests had left and the kids were asleep (and the house cleaned up), Derrick and I enjoyed a peaceful evening on the couch, waiting for the clock to struck midnight. In between I napped some on the couch but at midnight we kissed and said Happy New Year and then went to bed. In our eyes, the perfect way to start the New Year.

I usually don't hold much of New Year's resolutions but this year I decided to focus on a few things, starting now.
  1. I want to be less busy and focus my time more on the here and now. That means less social networking, less pictures,  fewer shopping trips and birthday parties but more play time with the kids. 
  2. Say less often "No"  or "Not now" to my kids and let them be kids, even if that means the floors will be more messy (hello play-doh) and the rooms stay in an disarray. They are only little once!
  3. Get back to running. I truly enjoy running (it keeps me sane!) and since I was pregnant and given birth I have neglected that hobby a lot. It is time to refocus and start off again.
  4. 2015 will be the year we focus on our family of 4 and make some changes. Thus our word for 2015 is CHANGE. Looking so much forward to it. 
Happy New Year from the Martin's

No comments:

Post a Comment