Monday, January 12, 2015

(#TBT) Our Engagement

Since I never want to forget any details of my engagement, it is time to put it on the blog. 

More than 5 years ago, on October 18th 2009, my husband had planned for us to meet some friends up on Hutchinson Island, FL (near Ft. Pierce) to go horseback riding. Hutchinson Island offers one of the few places in the State of Florida where one can enjoy a horseback ride on the beach. I was really looking forward to it that morning as: 1) I love horses and riding, 2) I never rode on a beach before and 3) the fact that I just had recovered from foot surgery and wasn't able to work out or do much for the past 8 weeks. 
So off we went to Frederick Douglass Memorial Park to meet up with a couple of Derrick's friends.  Unfortunately, on our 1.5 hour drive up there, my husband received a phone call from our friends, cancelling the ride. But I said I didn't care if they come or not as I was not willing to cancel my horseback experience. Of course I had no idea that our friends never were supposed to come and what else he had in store for me that day. 
The weather was a bit cool that day, but beautiful and perfect for riding. When we arrived at the State Park, the tour guide and a few other people (up to 8 people each tour) were already there and we all saddled up and off we went. 
The ride was easy going and nice with a beautiful scenery and well behaved horses (except that Derrick's and my horse didn't like each other...). When we came to the turning point, the tour guide asked if we wanted to take pictures. Of course, every one wanted some and when it was our turn, I didn't even noticed when Derrick pulled out a blue box from his jacket. I was so surprised (and the tour guide took pictures of it and didn't even realize what was happening) when Derrick asked me if I wanted to marry him, that it took me a couple of seconds to answer him: YES. 
It was such a sweet and well planned proposal by my husband that I still get all excited when I think about this special day. He definitely surprised me and I love that he had chosen the perfect spot/ occasion to propose to me. I love you to the moon and back, Derrick!!!
And together we ride off to our happily every after....

No comments:

Post a Comment