Thursday, September 24, 2015

Out of my Funk

For the past few weeks, I have not felt like myself. I was kind of in a funk. Always tired, despite sleeping 8-10 hours at night, bones hurting, very low energy, etc. It was frustrating me and all I could do was lay down and rest. I did see a doctor but according to several tests being done, I'm in great health (except for my low blood pressure). This is good news, but also didn't solve my issue very much. Until I started taking my son's iron supplement as we assume that I may be a bit anemic as well. It runs in my family and even though the doctor tested my blood and my numbers are in the normal range, they may not be as high as my body needs them to be to function properly. So, rest, extra supplements and drinking lots of fluids is helping me  to get back out of my funk (not 100% yet, but much improved). I'm not back to running yet and I'm debating fiercely with myself if I can still run the 5K race next Saturday. It was my goal to run a race this fall but considering the circumstances, I may have to postpone it till later in the season or spring. And if you know me, that decision doesn't come easy for me. But I also learned this year that being healthy is most important in life and can't be taken for granted, which means that I should do what is best for my body and not what's on my schedule.
But I'm glad that I did feel better in time for our monthly Mom's Night Out this past Saturday, especially since I hosted it at my house (or better the backyard). Even though only half a dozen mommies were able to come, it was a fun evening. We had good food, drinks, and a fire pit. And we roasted marshmallows to make S'mores. I think one is never too old for S'mores and backyard fires. It ended up being a relaxing and enjoyable evening with friends, just what I needed. When Amelia heard that I had a bonfire with my friends, she asked to have a fire too. She wanted to eat some of those S'mores too. So on Monday night, we roasted hot dogs over the fire and made S'mores. Just in time for fall :)
My vegetable garden is ready for fall too: I planted broccoli, spinach, bok choi, lettuce, greens, kohlrabi, Brussels sprouts, radishes and hope to harvest some of these goodies soon.
Two kids and two very distinct personalities: My little sassy girl who loves to dress up and look all pretty and my sweet baby boy who looks all cool (he puts the hat on himself) but really is a gentle teddy bear and lover.
Even though Amelia paints a lot at school, she asked me a couple of times this week to let her paint. So we did and both kids did a great job. Maybe one day I can sell their "artwork" somewhere. Any takers???

No comments:

Post a Comment