Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Summer Bucket List 2015

Since summer is officially over and it got cooler and wetter here this past week, I thought it may be time to take down our summer bucket list. I had this list pinned to our refrigerator for the past 3 months to remind us of what fun things we wanted to do with the kids and to check things off along the way.  
We didn't complete the entire list though since some of the things just didn't happen or the kids were not ready for them yet, but we did most of them. Some of them we did a few times, like going to a free concert in the park and boating on the lake. I think, our favorite this summer was being out on the water. The kids adjusted well to being on the boat and the lake here is just fabulous to ride on and swim in. 
It may has been too hot for an outdoor picnic, unless you count lunch on the patio, but we did have an indoor picnic and movie night. Of course, we ate some SnoCones and the kids loved them. Their newest favorite treat.
Derrick and I even had the chance to go out on a date, thanks to a generous friend who offered to watch our kids for us. We finished that night off with wine on the patio and gazing at the stars. I even tried my luck at catching fireflies but let's just say that catching fireflies is not my best skill.
Amelia attended 4 different VBS this summer and loved every single one of them. She would have attended more if there would have been more. She is my social butterfly who loves to learn and do new things all the times.
We picked berries, made a bonfire, stayed in our pajamas all day and had lots of fun in the pool and under the sprinklers. This summer was truly one I will cherish and remember as one of the best summers we had in a long time. We did so many fun things together as a family of 4 and explored new territories that made this summer pass by way too quickly. But I'm sure that next summer will be as much fun and I'm looking forward to do some of the things in 2016, we have not gotten to do this summer.  For now so: Goodbye summer and hello fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment