Saturday, December 19, 2015

Christmas Party and Pageant at Preschool

On Thursday, Amelia and her class had their Christmas Party (or as they say: Happy birthday, Jesus Party) and I was able to set-up their table and join in on the fun. I love when I can be part of Amelia's preschool activities and see her in action when she is not at home or under my supervision. Sometimes I feel like it is another kid I'm watching. Before the party started, the girls had some fun playing on their indoor playground as it was raining all day. 
And then we went to their classroom where I had decorated the table with a bit of Christmas cheer. Every child brings something in for the party and the girls loved snacking on fruit, pretzels, Christmas cookies and homemade marshmallow reindeer. The look on the kids' faces when they enter the room is always priceless.
Before Ms. Susan handed out her Christmas gift to the class, they did show-and-tell. Amelia brought in a stuffed caterpillar and was excited to tell her friends all about it. 
All 5 girls love My Little Pony and so Ms. Susan made them each a pillow case featuring the ponies. The girls loved them. Thank you, Ms. Susan!
And then it was time for Ms. Susan to unwrap her Christmas gift from Amelia. She is a great teacher and we appreciate her very much and wanted to make sure she gets something special to remember Amelia by.
The next morning, the preschool performed their Christmas pageant in the sanctuary and all parents were invited to watch the children perform. My little girl and her classmates were angels and did a great job singing their songs. Daddy and Elliot are ready for the performance:
Here comes my angel:
And Maria and Joseph arrive:
The cast is ready:
Amelia in action: singing. Doesn't she look like an angel?!?
I was one proud mommy. It was a lovely performance and a great kick-off to our Christmas break. 
Hope you are having a great holiday season as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment