Thursday, January 5, 2017

Back to School

After two weeks of Christmas break, today it's the first day back to school for Amelia. While we had fun at home and I really enjoyed the slow mornings and the extra time with my two kiddos at home, it is also time to get back in to a regular routine. Amelia was excited to see her friends and teacher at school and Elliot was looking forward to some one-on-one time with me. And that's just what we did. First we played and then did some learning activities. Since he is not in preschool yet (still waiting for a spot to open up), I decided that it is time to do some easy and fun writing/ counting activities or some arts and crafts projects each day for a few minutes. So far, he really enjoys it!
For the past two weeks, we played lots of board games, the kids enjoyed playing with their new Christmas gifts, and we took a couple of walks and an outing to an indoor playground. After being cooped up inside for a couple of days earlier in the week due to some rainy weather, both children had lots of fun visiting an indoor play area yesterday:
While I started off the New Year not feeling well as my chest cold turned in to a nice big sinus infection, I finally went to the doctor on Monday and got some serious medication. With these, some rest and steam baths, I feel already much better and hope that I can be back to my normal self by next week.

So for the past days during nap time, I have taken it easy too. Some days Elliot wakes up early from his nap, crawls on top of me while I'm resting on the couch and falls right back to sleep. Often I nap then too. We both need and savor those moments and I know they will only become fewer and fewer the older he gets. Snuggle time for the win:
Here are some other snap shots of how we spent our Christmas break:
It was chilly but nice to play at the park that day
Bike rides around the lake

Playing till we are exhausted

Staying in pj's all day and watching Christmas movies

Picnic dinners
Even my husband enjoyed playing a game of Scramble with me (it helped that he won by 4 points):
And for me, I enjoyed sitting by the fire and reading my Christmas novels:
This break was just what we all needed and we truly enjoyed spending it mostly at home. There is nowhere else I'd rather be than with my favorite people at home. Now, I have to run and pick up Amelia as they close all the schools 2 hours early today due to the threat of snow...I know, it sounds ridiculous but the district is rather safe than sorry, especially with all those school buses bringing home the kids. The kids are excited though about the prospect of snow and I hope there will be enough to go out and play around in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment