Wednesday, January 18, 2017

January Photos

It has been fairly quite around here, which is good. We are all back into a routine and pretty much back to health as well. Our past two weekends were quiet and uneventful and since I have a few pictures I wanted to be uploaded to my blog, this post will be a hodgepodge of our past two weeks. 

While our first snow of the season melted within 48 hours, the temperatures stayed below freezing for up to 3 days afterwards. It was freezing cold as the daytime highs on that weekend were around 20F (-6C) or less. But the kids still found some fun on the shaded part of our street: 
 

Here is a little clip:
The rest of the time was spent inside in the warmth of the house reading, playing or just being silly.
And this kid cracks me up  (no wonder we call him class clown). He came running in to the room, screaming " Look at me, Mom" and doing silly poses. He is silly but genuine and makes me smile every day. It is the ordinary moments that I will miss the most when they are all grown up. 
We also decorated Amelia's classroom for the winter season. Both kids helped me make the snowman and my little girl was so proud of showing it of to her classmates. 
Elliot and I also surprised her for lunch last week. Elliot loves eating with the big kids and this big smile on her face shows you how much Amelia loved having us there. 
This photo might not be the best quality but I want to remember it because as soon as I sit down on the couch during nap time, the cat joins me. And when Elliot wakes up from his nap, we all cuddle together. My lap seems to be very popular lately. 
But the best days are the ones that we are all together. A slow start to our Martin Luther King Jr. holiday in bed: 
After nursing my sinus infection for two weeks, I have been back to the gym for a week now. My body is sore and I can feel the burn, not only from my gym workout but also from my kickboxing-fitness night with my MOPS moms on Friday as well as my boot-camp class yesterday. While I enjoyed the workouts, my leg muscles and butt surely would prefer not to be moved today. 
During the past few evenings, the kids and I have been busy coloring together. It makes my mommy heart happy to see them enjoy the same things I like to do. And Amelia loves it even more so when I share my glitter pens with her. 
Hope your January is off to a good start. Even though this is a short week, we are looking forward to the weekend since Elliot is going to a surprise event while the girls will do something fun too. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment