Friday, June 23, 2017

June Updates

Happy Friday everyone!

My week has been very busy and I feel worn out so I'm especially happy that the weekend is about to start. For the past 4 days, I attended a lubrication seminar from my company where I learned about maintenance, lubrication standards and oil analysis for machinery. It was very intense as I am new to this industry and the seminar was very technical and included lots of new terminology for me (kinematic viscosity, chemical and physical properties of lubrication oil and grease anyone?). Today, my co-workers and I took a 2 hours, 100 question test and I pray that after 3 days of sitting all day in a seminar plus many hours of studying at night that I passed this test and achieved the certification as a Level I Machinery Lubrication Technician. I will know if I passed or failed in about two weeks.
Because there was not much else happening this past week, I take you back a couple of weeks when Amelia and I and a friend with her daughter went to a free symphony concert in the park. Before the concert began, the children were able to test out some music instruments. Amelia liked the violin the best (she has asked before to play one) and even made a sound on the flute.
It was super hot that evening but look how gorgeous the setting was:
Everyone brought their lawn chairs and blankets, a picnic cooler and some beverages and then we enjoyed the night listening to music from Bizet, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, and many more performed by the Nashville Symphony.
Last weekend, Derrick built me a raised garden box and the kids were excited to plant some strawberries and cucumbers plants as well as broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and lettuce seeds. We did started harvesting quite a few tomatoes and strawberries from our potted plants on the deck but I hope to expand the vegetable garden some more so that we have a bigger harvest next year. First the work, then the fun:
We also stopped by the arts-and-craft store for their slime making event. It was quite messy:
While the boys were having a sword fight...
...the girls read together:
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment