Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Weekend Highlights and a Lost Tooth

Since I started my new job in April, I noticed that I look forward to each weekend and I appreciate the time spent at home much more. So after that last busy week, we all needed a fairly quiet weekend at home. While it rained most of Thursday and Friday due to Tropical Storm Cindy, we still made sure to get out of the house. This is how we spent a rainy afternoon in Tennessee:
 The biker gang:
On the weekend, Derrick and I like to spend one-on-one time with a child. So this Saturday I took Amelia with me to run some errands while the boys were biking in the park and stopping by at the home improvement store. In between stores, we girls grabbed a milkshake before heading to the Farmer's Market. There was a health fair expo with some raffle prices to win, a funny balloon artist and a bouncy house for the kids. Plus, delicious, fresh vegetables from local farmers. 
I also promised Amelia to stop by the pet store to look at the cats but instead we discovered that they offer every Saturday a Zoo Expedition, where they introduce a couple of animals to the customers. That day, Amelia touched a gerbil and held a turtle:
Cooling off in the pool with their new water guns in the afternoon:
The next morning, we headed to the park while the temperature was still comfortable. I ran 3.5 miles and Derrick hung out with the kids at the playground. We definitely deserved this little treat afterwards before I pushed the lawn mower up and down our front yard for another hour. 
Give a man a chainsaw and he will be happy! We are working on updating the front yard and removing overgrown bushes around the house. The front entrance looks now so much more open:
Before                                   After (There is still more to trim though)

By the afternoon, I was exhausted but getting the star treatment from my styling crew lifted me right back up:

But the highlight of the weekend was that my little girl lost her first tooth. Her bottom front tooth has been loose for weeks now and the new tooth is already visible behind her baby teeth. She just didn't wanted to pull it out and avoided biting food with that tooth. However, while eating watermelon on the patio, it fell out and we had to search for it on the lower deck as it fell thru from the top deck. Luckily, we found it and were able to put it under the pillow for the tooth fairy. 
She is growing up so fast lately and all I want to do is to hold on to my little, precious girl. I can't believe she is turning six years old in a few weeks and going to first grade in August. Time is definitely not a mother' s friend. 
Amelia was so excited about the fact that she lost her first tooth and couldn't wait for the tooth fairy to come by at night. She even made a little card for her: 
And when she woke up the next morning, her tooth and card were gone and in return the tooth fairy has left her a book, a couple of Dollar gold coins and a letter under the pillow. Now, she can't wait for her next baby tooth to fall out.
The weekend was over way too quickly but only one more week until we are on vacation. This week, the kids are going to VBS (Vacation bible School) at night, which means they will be tired by the weekend but oh so full of new experiences and to feel the love of God and share that with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment