Saturday, December 14, 2019

Birthday Celebration

In the beginning of December our cat, Indy, turned 11. Of course, we had to celebrate her. I don't think she really enjoyed the hat though. 
Elliot on the other hand, could not wait for his 6th birthday to arrive. It feels that December babies are always last and never get the same birthday exposure as birthday celebrations held in other months. But we always try to make it a special day for him. And sure enough, he enjoyed himself. 
Before school, he only was able to open a couple of gifts. His wish was a Beyblade Stadium...and that he got:
I took the day off and was able to join him for lunch at 10am and then I brought in cupcakes later that day: 
Back home, there were more gifts waiting to be unwrapped. For weeks Elliot talked about going to Chuck E. Cheese for his birthday but when we picked him up from school, all he wanted to do was build Lego and play at home. 
The battle is on: 
We finished the day off with a birthday dinner and a special ice-cream treat at Chili's and a delicious chocolate ganache cake. 
Earlier that week, Elliot received a gift card from his Opa and I took him to Target to choose a toy. He was so excited and proud and thought that was the best gift ever. By using a coupon coupled with ongoing sales, he was able to buy 3 toys. He was so proud of himself and when we left the store he said: "Mommy, I got three gifts. That's all I need for my birthday. I don't need more toys but want to celebrate with you, and Daddy and Amelia." Oh my sweetheart! He is the best little boy ever. 
Happy 6th birthday, Elliot!

No comments:

Post a Comment