Monday, March 30, 2015

Saying Our Goodbyes

Today is moving day! Even though we are excited and ready to move to North Carolina, we are still sad to say goodbye to our friends here. We will miss them and we were so glad to have met them. We made lots of fun memories with them such as horseback riding, ladies' night, parties at the park and plenty of great birthday parties for the kids. There was always someone there when I needed to talk or just have a mommy-chat while the kids played together, which often helped make my days as a stay-at-home-mom much easier and endurable.
During the past 2 weeks, we had a last play-date, a last mommy-night out, a last hug, and saw our favorite clown for the very last time. Amelia made Ooopsy a card and gave her some sunflowers too.
We said our goodbyes to Amelia's preschool teachers and her friends. Amelia and Elliot met their friends for the last time in the park and played in the sand/ lake. And on Sunday the kids played a last time in the front yard with our neighbors, Maci and Reese and hugged them tight when it was time to go. 
Amelia and Elliot also said bye to our neighbor friend Kayla, who also babysat the kids a couple of times. We couldn't have asked for better neighbors.
A couple of Sundays ago we met my dear friend Branka and her little boy Colin at a park for a play-date. We both know each other from our time at Palm Beach Atlantic University and have been friends since the very first day I stepped into the administration office to apply for my Master studies there.  
On Friday, Amelia said bye to her best friends, we call them the 3 amigos, Jax and Noah. They have been buddies since they were 6 months old. It will be hard once she notices that there won't be anymore play-dates with her amigos once we've moved. 
Despite all the hectic of moving, I was able to skip out of the house to meet my two girlfriends, Melissa and Ellie (Jax and Noah's mom) for dinner at Chili's on Saturday night. It kind of felt like my last supper. I'm so blessed to have met those two great and strong women 3 years ago and I'm happy to call them my friends. I will truly miss our play-dates and chats. And so will the kids. 
But despite the fact that we are leaving a good life and great friends behind in South Florida, we must go on with our adventure. The time has come for me and my family to go somewhere else and find our happiness. Let the adventure begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment