Saturday, February 6, 2016

Finally, the Weekend!

This past week was a rough week. Derrick has been gone for work since Sunday and just came back today. Amelia must have had a (mental) growth spurt as she was extremely emotional and distraught that her Daddy was not here. I have never seen her so sad before. It broke my mommy-heart when I fixed her hair on Thursday morning and she said: "I'm not pretty. I don't feel pretty!" Of course, she looked as beautiful as ever and we always tell her that she is pretty inside and out and that we love her to the moon and back. I don't know what was going on with her that day but luckily we were able to Skype with Oma and talk to Daddy and both told her that she looked especially pretty in her dress that day. She was back to her normal self once she was at preschool. I guess she just needed a pick-me-upper. 
In anticipation of the big game (SuperBowl 50) tomorrow evening and the fact that our local team, the Charlotte Panthers, are the favorite to win this game, our entire area is in uproar. Every one is wearing their "Panther colors" (black and teal) in support of the team and so it was no question, that Amelia's preschool asked that all the kids will wear their Panthers shirts on Friday. But since we don't own any fan gear yet, we made due with a black shirt and pants and a teal t-shirt. I think it looked pretty good and she even tried the Cam Newton pose. Let's hope the Panthers win tomorrow. Keep pounding!
While the week was tiring, we finished it off with a fun after school play-date at the playground with Amelia and her classmate Vera on Friday. While it was cold, the sun was shining, the sky was blue and the kids loved being outside:
Unfortunately, my Saturday didn't start off too well. 
Here a few reasons why: 
1) Elliot's diaper leaked this morning while he was in my bed, so I have been doing laundry since 6am. 
2) This meant we all got up at 6am. 
3) After washing two loads of laundry, I discovered that the air vent to the dryer was disconnected and so the dryer didn't work. Hanging the laundry outside to dry was not an option at 32F (0C). Unfortunately, I was not able to reconnect the old air vent and we all had to bundle up to go Lowe's this morning at 8am. 
4) Hubby was still out of town...
5) We found what I needed and also bought some Girl Scout cookies because it was 32F and the girls selling the cookies looked cold and cookies seemed like a good reward for a rough morning. 
6) Came home, fixed the dryer and reassembled the bed. 
7) We have a sleep number bed, which is awesome (best purchase ever); however, one of the kids crawled under the bed this week and somehow disconnected some cables and now the bed is leaking air.  So Daddy still needs to fix that before I can sleep soundly again. 
8) I haven't had a glass of wine all week long as I'm a lightweight when it comes to alcohol and I'm afraid I would fall too deep asleep and not hear the kids during the night. So, I'm looking forward to a nice glass of Rose tonight and a good night's sleep. 
Let's just say, we are all happy to have our Daddy back home (even though he felt too exhausted and we had to cancel our afternoon plans with our friends :(  ). Hopefully, by tomorrow we are all back to our normal selves and can enjoy a fun Sunday, watching the big game and cheering on our home team. 

No comments:

Post a Comment