Sunday, April 29, 2018

Birthday Celebration and Field Day

On Tuesday, we celebrated Derrick's birthday.  We are so lucky to call him ours as he is the most amazing husband and father. May this year be one of the best yet to come! 52 looks good on him!
The day before, Amelia helped bake this delicious lemon cake for her daddy:
Since it was a weekday morning, we started the celebrations early. We woke Derrick up with a song and a cupcake. It doesn't get any sweeter than that:
 Big bite of cupcake:
 The birthday boy and his two little munchkins:
And yes, I had a cupcake at work too:
In the afternoon, we continued the celebration by having more cake and unwrapping some gifts. The children were really excited about the clothes he got for his birthday (Derrick has asked for a couple of shirts and new head phones). 
Happiest Birthday to you my Love! 
Since we went out for dinner already on the weekend, we wrapped up the day by enjoying a family meal at home and hanging out together. These are truly the best years and we try to make the most of it by spending lots of time together. 

But this busy week was not over yet as Elliot had his Field Day on Friday at preschool. My little guy and his classmates were so excited about playing some fun games. They are ready to Go for the Gold!
Silly Faces while waiting for the next game:
I came to cheer on my boy and his classmates:
They played lots of fun games. Luckily, it was bright and sunny and the children dried off quickly after the water games.
But the concession break was surely the best part of the morning. I even enjoyed a cotton candy, which I have not eaten in years.

Here is a little video of the fun they had as well as the prayer, which Elliot wanted to say, before lunch:
Before I had to go back to work, I ate lunch with these monsters. Elliot had asked me for a while when I come and eat lunch with him and I'm glad, I finally was able to.  
While these two hours were noisy and quite draining (repeating the same thing over and over and trying to corral 9 excited 4 year olds), I'm fortunate that I work so close to home and the schools that I can join them on special days and not miss work too often. 

On the weekends, we try to sleep in. Or at least keep quiet so that the adults can sleep a bit longer. This is how I found the kids on Saturday morning after I got up:
After breakfast, we headed to East Nashville (as the rest of town was full of marathon runners) and visited a marina and then explored a Greenway trail. We are enjoying this beautiful Spring weather as much as we can as I'm sure it won't last too long. Summer will be here sooner than later. 
 
Have a blessed Sunday!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete