Thursday, August 13, 2015

Birthday Celebration

On Monday, my little girl turned 4 years old. She was so ready to be four but I'm on the other hand not so much.  4 sounds so BIG. It feels like my baby girl disappeared and became a big girl overnight. But since there is nothing I can do to keep her little forever, I might as well embraced the change and celebrated with her.  
Since we came back on Sunday night from our weekend trip, I had some time to decorate the kitchen for my birthday girl a bit. She gets all excited when she sees decorations and balloons and since it only took a few minutes, I made sure that she was surprised when she woke up. For breakfast I made pancakes and she loved being the center of attention (which she is most days anyways). 
Amelia could hardly wait for breakfast to be over so that she could open her gifts. As I mentioned before, we don't believe in overgifting our children so she only received 4 small gifts from us. But those gifts were chosen wisely and she loved every single one of them. 
We gave her an Elsa t-shirt (because you can never have too many of those), a Rapunzel doll, a dress-up doll book and a Snow White dress ( I purchased after Halloween last year for 50% :)). But she also got gifts from dear friends and family. So she was very blessed and happy. 
Since we just got back from our trip and this girl had already a fun party at Chuck E Cheese, we decided to lay low on her actual birthday. Between phone calls and skyping with relatives, the kids enjoyed playing with the new toys. And sharing a big lollipop:
Mommy and the birthday girl: 
And mommy and her baby boy (Since I took many pictures of Amelia that day, Elliot decided to have his turn too and smile big for the camera):
Happy Birthday, Amelia. Make a wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment