Monday, August 3, 2015

Lazy Hazy Days of Summer...no more

I feel like I had a writer's block lately as I found myself struggling with keeping up the blog posts or finding time and energy to write updates. It's almost like the lazy hazy days of summer took over me and I wanted to do nothing other than enjoy the outdoors and the laziness that comes with that season. But this week my energy came flowing back and my thoughts are pouring in to my brain. I keep making notes everywhere about topics I want to write and things I want to do. I feel like my old self again. I guess seeing everyone get ready and excited for school, got me inspired to do something else than just hang out in the backyard. So in anticipation of Amelia's 4th birthday next week, I took out my wooden pegs and finally made my first peg dolls: 2 princess dolls for her and 2 animal dolls for her little brother. And since I truly enjoyed this creative activity, I can't wait to make more peg dolls this week. 
I also started to work on Elliot's scrapbook and our family book. For Elliot's 1st album I will go the traditional scrapbooking route but for our family album and the fact that scrapbooking is very time consuming, I decided to use the Project Life design options. I can't wait to show you all the finished albums (but be patient it may take a couple of month). 

Other than doing arts and crafts projects, we have been quite busy this week. Amelia finished her fourth (and last) vacation bible study on Thursday and enjoyed this one no less than all the others. This kid loves to dance and sing. So all those different songs during the camps were right up her alley. This week's theme was Everest: Conquering Challenges with God's Mighty Power.  
During the summer, lots of movie theaters offer kids' flicks once or twice a week. So on Wednesday, Amelia and I had a mommy-daughter-date and we went to see Shrek. Amelia was very excited, especially since the ticket included popcorn and a drink. She lasted almost thru the entire movie before we decided to head home. 
And while we had fun at the movies, the boys stayed home and played. Lately, Elliot's favorite past time is coloring. He is very particular and does as good or an even better job of coloring in the lines than his sister does. 
Even though it is still very hot here and we have drought like conditions, it rained very heavy on Wednesday afternoon. Since it wasn't cold and the kids were kind of stir crazy, we decided to put our rain gear on and head out in the backyard, where they had lots of fun. 
The rain didn't last too long and soon it was warm and sunny again. So on Saturday the kids enjoyed cooling off in the pool again. 
Between volunteering, a trip to the zoo, VBS, a movie date, splashing around, and a lunch date with my little girl yesterday, we had a packed but fun-filled week. This summer is one of the best I had in a long time and even though I'm looking forward to an exciting fall season, I don't want this summer to end. Luckily, we have at least another month before it starts getting cooler. 

No comments:

Post a Comment