Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Muffins for Moms

On Monday, Amelia's preschool invited all the mothers to Muffins for Moms. We all assembled in the sanctuary where the children performed some beautiful songs for us. Amelia was so excited to see me in the audience that she constantly blew me kisses. I think she loved the undivided attention as I had dropped off Elliot at a friend's house for a play date. 
After the songs, we were invited back to their classrooms where we ate muffins and the children surprised us with some handmade Mother's day gifts.
Amelia made me a hand print flower, a place mat, and a mug. I love them all!
But best of all was the survey the kids filled out about their mommies. I would say she was mostly correct. 
Afterwards, the girls released their butterflies. For the past few weeks, they were watching the caterpillars shed their skin and form chrysalides to emerge as beautiful butterflies.  Each of the girls were able to hold one butterfly in her hand and then release it. 
I took a little video of Amelia releasing her butterfly in to the sky. The butterfly took off so fast, it's hard to see though. 
What a great morning we all had at Muffins for Moms. The kids were so excited to surprise us and I loved spending this special time with my little girl. I'm so blessed and happy to be her mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment