Friday, June 10, 2016

Berlin, here we are!

After an uneventful 8.5 hour flight, we arrived early on Monday morning in Berlin. Our greeting commitee was already there and happy to see us: 



While in Germany, the kids and I will commute between my father´s apartment in Berlin and my mom`s house in the outskirts of Berlin. We will also go on a short trip to the Baltic Sea with my best friend and her son and a weekend trip to Hamburg. I will also fly to Paris to visit a dear friend for a long weekend while the kids will stay with their grandparents. And then there is my brother´s wedding in the end of July, the reason why we are here in the first place. As you can imagine, we have lots of fun things planned and the 8 weeks vacation will be over before we know it.

The first couple of days, we spend with my father and his girlfriend Petra in Berlin. Already a few hours after our arrival, we enjoyed our first ice cream cone:
The weatherhere has been beautiful so far thus, we are spending lots of time outside. We took a stroll thru Wilhelmsruh and the kids and their grandpa explored nearby playgrounds.
After a long night because my little boy had a rough time falling asleep (time difference is 7 hours), we woke up pretty late and then headed to a big public park (Bürgerpark), where I already played at when I was young. Chasing soccer balls, a picnic and feeding the ducks kept us busy till it was time to head back to the apartment:
A couple of portraits I took of the kids while they played:


Smelling the roses in the rose garden:
My 3 soccer players look exhausted:
On Wednesday, we drove to my mom´s house, where the kids enjoyed playing in the backyard and eating more ice cream:
Bounce house fun with friends at the nearby market:
So far, the kids settled in nicely and we recovered from our jetlag within 2 days. I`m amazed at how easy my children adjusted to the different language and culture here and how happy they are to be here. We all are having a great time and enjoy spending time with our family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment