Saturday, June 11, 2016

Fun in Siethen

Amelia and Elliot are wild and very active and so it is no wonder that they love playing outdoors. The enjoy the backyard at my mom´s house a lot, just running barefoot over the lawn, building sand castles and riding bobby carts.
My mom babysits a couple of days a week two boys who are the same age as my children and thus, on Wednesday afternoon, we hung out together and got to meet their rabbit.
We were allowed to pick some cherries and since I was the tallest, I had the honor of doing this job. (It reminded me of my childhood, where I picked every summer cherries high up in the trees). Luckily, I love eating them.
 Cherries on her ears:
Afterwards, we took a stroll to see some horses. When you live in a small village/town, it only takes a few steps to be out in nature and my kids loved it. How precious is this picture of all the kids holding hands!?!
My mom and all "her" children:
The next morning, we visited my uncle´s and my grandma´s grave site. I have not been back home since their passing and it still feels weird to me. I miss them both a lot!
We also visited some family members that day.
Amelia and her godmother Julia
Elliot and  my aunt Christina
Amelia and my aunt Angela
In the afternoon, the kids and I visited the horse farm where I learned to ride and my good old mare, Annabell (the white horse on the left). She is almost 30 years old and I haven´t seen her in years but she still recognized my voice when I called her.
Both kids love horses and don´t mind that they are 10 times their size.
They are looking forward to go riding in a couple of weeks when we come back to the horse farm.
Since every day is filled with lots of fun and excitement, Elliot and Amelia are exhausted in the evenings and enjoy cuddling on the couch while watching "Sandmann" before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment