Saturday, June 25, 2016

Summer has arrived

The next couple of days, we spent taking it easy in the city as it was hot, hot, hot. Don't get me wrong, the summer here has been rather cooler than warmer but we did get a couple of very hot days in between. And since most apartments or stores don't have A/C, it is quite the adjustment when it gets hot. First up on Friday were hair appointments. I was so overdue for a haircut and some highlights, it was a must and felt great. For over 2 hours, I got pampered and relaxed by myself while Opa entertained the kids. Crazy hair, don't care:
During and after
Upon return, Opa, the kids and I went to eat some ice cream to cool off. Since we have been in Germany, Amelia and Elliot ate so much ice cream as they usually eat in an entire year. They better enjoy it as it won't continue when we are back home. Amelia's favorite is chocolate and Elliot loves Straciatella.
Bus and train ride with Opa
On Saturday morning, another very hot and humid day, my dad, the kids and I went to the children's and youth's leisure center (FEZ), which is located amidst a large parc in the woods. This recreation parc invites people to an active outdoor stay as well as to an indoor activity center.  FEZ has been frequently visited by my family when I was a child and it is fun and brings back memories to go back and enjoy it with my children now. The best part about the parc is the little choo choo train that runs around the perimeter.

Waiting for the train
Choo Choo
All aboard:
My little guy loves trains, cars and everything moving, so of course he was in heaven riding this choo choo train. Then it was time for a picnic and some fun on the playground before a rainstorm ended our visit abruptly.
That same night, my brothers and I had plans to go out together. My mom was so kind and picked up the children from Berlin and we three took off to the inner city.
This is the first time since I have left for America (15 years this summer) that only the three siblings got to hang out together. It was a much needed and fun evening and will be a tradition from now on.
Lennard, Alexander and Franziska
The heat only lasted 3 days, but we made most of it and enjoyed spending time with our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment