Friday, October 7, 2016

Catch-up

Between cheering on our favorite football team, watching the presidential debate and crazy hair day at school, nothing unusual has happened here lately that I have not blogged about yet. So here is just a little snippet of our lives over the past 2 weeks.
A house divided- Florida Gators vs. Tennessee Volunteers:
Fall finally arrived last week and it was too beautiful to stay indoors. So after school, the boys worked on the boat, my little girl played with her barbies in the front yard and I read. Perfect!
Unfortunately, the cool air didn't last long and this week it was back up in the high 80s. Hopefully soon, fall is here to stay. Amelia and her teacher, Ms. Wyatt, for crazy hair day:
I put up a big air mattress in the playroom and it is the perfect spot for reading books and relaxing. The kids love it as much as the adults. Me and my buddy hanging out there one morning:
It is also a perfect spot for watching the stars (constellation night light usually used for the kids in their bedroom) and chatting the night away without feeling like you are at home. 
Last Friday, Derrick and I actually had a long overdue date night (first one in over 6 months) and it was so fun. We dropped off the kids at a local church that hosted a (very affordable) parent-night-out from 6-10pm and then went to enjoy some dinner, shoe shopping and hit the bookstore before picking them back up. By 9pm they were barely awake but had a fun time watching a movie, playing and eating snacks. We definitely do that one again next month. 
Afternoon playground visits with Daddy are the best: 
My little boy looking all big:
 
Last Sunday, Derrick's co-worker invited us over for lunch and it was wonderful. She is such a  sweet lady and made a big, fancy and most delicious lunch for us. It was so good, I didn't even take a picture as we were too busy eating the ham, potato casserole, bread rolls, vegetables and salads. While we talked, the kids were entertained by her puppy named Powderpuff and her cat, Sassy. 
We finished the weekend off by playing ball in backyard. 
This week has been a short week as Amelia had her Dolphin Dash on Wednesday, where I volunteered and spent my morning at and parent-teacher conference yesterday, which meant no school for the kids. And now, we are officially on fall break for an entire week and have been taking it easy so far. The kids love hanging out in their pj's all morning long and playing pretend with all their stuffed animals. 
We also gave our cat, Indy, a bath yesterday and even though she might not have liked it, she didn't resist much either. Every few years, I enjoy a good smelling cat in my house with super soft fur. 
Today, we are just hanging out at home, playing outside and in the afternoon I finally will get my hair done. Thinking of changing it up a bit with some darker highlights and maybe a haircut... For the weekend, Amelia and I will spend it in Louisville with a dear friend and her daughter while the boys stay at home and have fun. I will tell you all about our fun weekend on Sunday. Have a good weekend, you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment