Tuesday, October 25, 2016

My 35th Birthday

On Sunday, I turned 35 years old and I celebrated by being together with my favorite people. While I slept in, my husband and kids decorated the dining room together (he knows I love decorations).
Both kids were so excited that it is Mommy's birthday that they were congratulating me all day long. Once I got up, I opened up Amelia's gift first. She was so determined to buy me something with her own money that we both went to Bath and Body Works the day before and chose a fragrant mist. She paid for it and even got it wrapped. But best of all was the card she made by herself at Michaels during a kids' crafting morning. My most treasured birthday card ever! She is such a sweet girl and I love her so much. And my sweet boy sang happy birthday to me and gave me the best birthday hugs. 
Most of my birthday gifts: 
After breakfast we all went to the park for a nice walk. The weather was great and the kids were full of energy so it was the best way to spend my birthday morning. 
Watching the train go by:
It warmed up quickly and while the kids played on the playground, Derrick and I enjoyed the sunshine.
 When you ask your 5 year old to take a picture of mommy and daddy and she prompts you to kiss:
After the park we went to a restaurant that sits right on water, next to the marina, and enjoyed some delicious seafood  and a cold beer while the kids fed the ducks and turtles. We finished the day off by relaxing at home and eating a red velvet cupcake with cheesecake frosting. 
Even though I didn't do anything fancy for my birthday, it was a truly perfect day. Thanks to everyone for all the birthday wishes, cards, gifts and birthday hugs. I loved them all and feel very blessed to have such a great family and friends. Another year is in the books...a lot more to go!  

No comments:

Post a Comment