Saturday, October 31, 2015

My 34th Birthday

Every year on October 23rd I turn a year older. Even though 34 is nothing spectacular, I was looking forward to my birthday because my mom would be here to celebrate with me. This is only the third time in the past 14 years that I was able to celebrate my special day with her. So as a thank you for being here and taking care of our kids while we were away, I took her out to Al Gusto, a local Italian restaurant. 
Birthday preparations were in full force already days before my special day. Here is Oma and Amelia making me a special card with leaves, an ornament and baking the cake:
The night before my birthday, I convinced Derrick to go with me to Scarrigan Farms to the haunted trail. It is the most terrifying haunted trail in the region and it was awesome. I screamed like a kid because they did such a great job designing this thrilling Maze and those scary characters haunting us along the way. Definitely have to do it again next year.
Luckily, I didn't had a heart attack and was able to wake up the next morning to celebrate my 34th birthday with my loved ones. Birthday cards and gift opening in bed:
And then it was time for breakfast and yummy cake (apple cheesecake). Amelia and Oma did a great job on the decorations, it made me feel really special. 
Since it was such a beautiful last fall day and I didn't feel like going out to eat, we decided to do a picnic in the park instead. We picked up some delicious, fresh burgers and enjoyed a lovely meal in the park. The kids loved that the playground was right there and some (older) kids wanted to play with them. 
We also took some family pictures while we were at the park:
To finish the day off, we had ice cream at a local creamery in downtown Mooresville and took a walk around the neighborhood to look at all the Halloween decorations. 
My birthday was a perfect day and made so special by people who love me and care about me. Thank you to all for the birthday wishes. I'm looking forward to a great new year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment