Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Kindergarten Field Trip

On Monday, Amelia had a her first field trip as a kindergartner. The Field trip was planned for Friday last week but due to the cold and rainy weather, they postponed it. I had planned to go with them on Friday but now I was not able to due to meetings. But luckily some other moms volunteered and took plenty of pictures of the children enjoying their time at the farm.  Amelia's class traveled by bus to a nearby strawberry farm to learn about farming, interact with some farm animals, pick fresh strawberries and enjoy all the other activities offered there. Ms. Griffin's class is ready to go:
When the class arrived at the farm, they went on a tractor ride around the property:
The farm animals (ponies, goats and cows) were a highlight to see and pet. Of course, my little girl was loving her one-on-one time with the goats:
Amelia and her classmate:
The children also had time to race on pedal cars, jump on the big bouncy pillows, play in the corn crib and hunt for gold in the old mine. 
Picking strawberries. The only pictures I got of Amelia was her in the field eating berries: 
Supposedly they were delicious. Unfortunately, Amelia was enjoying them so much that she didn't had any left to share with us.
The class finished their day off with cool and refreshing ice cream:
One happy little girl with her last strawberry:
While Amelia had fun at the farm, Elliot and I headed to our last MOPS meeting. We will miss our friends and I am so thankful for having had the opportunity to be the table leader to these wonderful ladies this past year. 
And I also enjoyed doing the Secret Sister exchange this year at MOPS. Yesterday, we found out who our Secret Sister was and by God's hand, Bonnie was my Sister and I was also hers. What a fun year it has been and I feel blessed to have met all these women and to receive all the wonderful goodies and notes from my Secret Sister. 
Elliot loved going to MOPPETS and play with his friends while I attended the meetings. Here he is with his little gift from his teachers: 
Field Trips, end of year meetings and school parties means that summer break is around the corner. Only 11 more days and then school is out and we will have a 1st grader in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment