Sunday, October 8, 2017

Family Weekend

On Friday afternoon, the children and I went to spend the night with my brother and his family. We have done that during our summer vacation last year and it was so much fun that we did it again. Both Amelia and Elliot love spending time with their cousins and playing with their toys while the adults chat. 
My big brother also serves as part-time splinter remover:
After a good night's sleep and a filling breakfast, my Sister-in-law, Yvonne, suggested that we put together some chestnut figurines. This brought back so many childhood memories...when I was little, we collected chestnuts every fall and then created with them animals or other figurines. I really enjoyed doing these figurines again and my children loved them too. Now, I need to plant a chestnut tree in our backyard.
In the afternoon, my Mom and Juergen had invited all their children with family for a late birthday celebration. It is very rare to get all of us together and the only one missing was Derrick. But all the 5 children and 9 grandchildren were there, totaling 21 people. 
 My mom, Juergen, my two brothers and their wives, myself and our 5 children:
 Every year, I try to take a picture of me and my brothers:
The gathering was very nice as we chatted with everyone, ate good food and the children enjoyed playing with each other.
Elliot and his godmother, Katharina:
Before my next business trip, I enjoyed spending some time on Monday morning with my mom, Amelia and Elliot. The fall weather was great and so we took the children on a walk thru the forest and to the playground.
We even found some mushrooms. Another childhood memory I now enjoy and my children loved too.
I love my Mom and I'm beyond happy that my job allowed me to see her twice this year. The time we had was very limited but it still meant so much to me.
Now, I'm off on another business trip: Dortmund here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment