Thursday, October 5, 2017

Friends and Family

While I was in Europe, I also had the chance to meet with my girls. Even though it was cheer coincidence that my best friends were in town at the same time, we arranged to meet for a couple of hour. Two hours are never long enough with these special friends but that was all I had in between driving back to my Mom's house, getting ready for a trip to Finland and working that day.  We might not see each other very often and our phone calls and texts are rather sporadic as everyone has a busy live of their own, but when we see each other it is so easy to just catch up were we left off. And this is what real friendship is made of. 
And our children love playing with each other:
That same day, we also saw my Bestie, Nadine, and her family. While time was also limited to only a couple of hours, we enjoyed catching up on things while the kids played. We even had time for a short walk in the breezy weather. 
While I had a brief business trip to Finland, the kids enjoyed having fun with Oma and Opa Juergen. They went to the playground, the swimming pool, visited friends and an indoor playground.
Only Oma lets you color eggs in October and reads you multiple good night stories every night:
On the weekend, my cousin had invited us to visit her horse. Amelia and Elliot were delighted as they love animals and riding a horse was a highlight of the trip. While the kids had fun with the horse, I enjoyed chatting with my cousin, Isabel, and her husband. And luckily, the rain had stopped and the sun came out, which made it a beautiful afternoon.
 Afterwards we stopped by to see my other cousin and Amelia's god mother, Julia, for a bit.
Time is always too limited to spent more than an hour or two with everyone but at least we got to see them at all. We enjoy visiting with everyone and looking already forward to the next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment