Friday, October 6, 2017

Europe Trip: Helsinki

My next business trip took me to Finland to visit one of our distributors there. It was a short trip and my co-worker, Brittany, and I were in Helsinki for less than 27 hours. 
Upon arrival at the airport we rented a car to drive the 2 hours to Turku to meet with the customer. The landscape in Finland was breathtaking and despite our limited time, we made a point to stop and take some pictures. Unfortunately, we did not see any Moose or Reindeer. 
We spent the night in Helsinki before flying out the next morning. We enjoyed a traditional Finnish dinner of Reindeer stew (it was ok but surely not my favorite - and no, I did not eat Rudolph) and then walked around town for a bit before calling it a night.
After a good breakfast, we decided to go and see downtown Helsinki before heading back to the airport. It was rainy and cool but that didn't bother us. The city of Helsinki and surrounding area is the most populated area in Finland. For my taste, downtown did not look much different than any other major European city and the countryside is so much prettier and vibrant than the city. 
I definitely would love to come back and spend more time in the Scandinavian countryside. Maybe during a family vacation in Europe in the next few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment