Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Fun Times with Oma

July was as fun as June and we did lots of different things every week. Pretty much every day, the kids and I went somewhere fun and exciting. Rarely, did we just took a day off and did nothing. But to get a few mornings a week to myself or to spent with my mom, Amelia and Elliot were invited to go to a nearby preschool for a few hours for a total of 3 weeks. Amelia had been there before when she was only 2 years old and loved it. Language was not a problem as both of my kids are fluent in English and German. Fitting right in and playing with the other kids:
Saying goodbye to their teacher, Ms. Sarah:
While the kids were in preschool, my mom and I enjoyed spending some quality time together and so we went shopping, ate lunch and had some wine with that and just enjoyed chatting with each other. 
I especially enjoyed our late night walks around the neighborhood: 
But we also savored relaxing in the backyard and taking it slow some days. The kids loved riding their bikes around the neighborhood or playing in the pool. 
My kids loved running naked in the backyard, one of the perks of being in Germany
Cleaning of the bikes was as fun as riding them
Even I got to ride a bike
Elliot and Amelia loved helping Oma in the kitchen or Opa in the backyard picking fruits and vegetables. During nap time, I sat in the backyard reading a book and relaxing.
Oma is also a great teacher, especially since her rewards are gummi bears:
When it was cool and dreary outside, we all went to an indoor playground: 
And one Sunday morning in July, my mom, the kids and I went to the annual pilgrimage trip from the Catholic Church in Berlin. Despite it being a very hot day, we enjoyed meeting friends, having a picnic lunch together and listening to God's word.
As you can see, we had lots of fun with Oma. She is the best, spoiling the grandkids rotten while mommy gets time to put her feet up. It's a win-win for everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment