Sunday, July 31, 2016

Wedding Weekend - Part II

After the official ceremony, we all headed off to the bride's family weekend property where we toasted to the happy couple, ate some and took lots of pictures. 
Their first game and speech as husband and wife:
And while it was a very important day for my brother and his wife, it also was my cousin's 8th birthday and we all sang "happy birthday" and congratulated him too. Happy Birthday, Joshua!
A professional photographer took pictures and I can't wait to see them. Until then, these are the ones I took. 
The newlyweds with their parents
The newlyweds with their siblings
The newlyweds with their siblings and their families
The groom and his sister
While we took pictures, the kids played happily:
And then we all got back to the hotel in Lehde where the dinner party and celebration was held at. Before dinner, the newlyweds had to sew thru a tree trunk together to show their guests that they can handle future daily tasks and problems. 
Delicious 3-course menu and while the adults ate, the kids danced to Amelia's favorite song she had requested from the DJ herself. 
 After dinner, there were more speeches and gifts and a special surprise for the happy couple.
A laser show portraying their love story. It was a great idea and the kids loved the light effects.
Here is a little video of the laser show:
Once the kids were in bed, it was time to start dancing. It was so much fun and I haven't danced like this in several years.
 
I love my family: 
Two brothers and one sister
My mom and I
Trying out some silly wedding props with my niece:
At 1pm my legs gave in and it was time to head to bed as I knew my kids would be up too soon. It was a great wedding and I feel so blessed that I was able to share this day with my brother and his wife. Now, it's time to say our goodbyes to them and send them off on their honeymoon. Congratulations, Anna and Lenni!

No comments:

Post a Comment