Thursday, July 7, 2016

3 Horse Lovers

As promised after our short, first visit two weeks ago to the horse stable where I learned how to ride, the kids and I went back there for a riding lesson. That they were excited and ready is an understatement. The owner of the stable as well as the owner of my horse and her husband came by and we all ate some cake before we got the horses ready. 
Both kids have no fear of horses and were willing to clean them. Learning how to do it the proper way:
Elliot wanted to clean Annabell, my former horse, and didn't care that it was 10x as big as he is. On the other hand, the horses loved the all the extra carrots:
Then it was time to ride Fanny, the Fjord horse. This was the same horse I had my first riding lesson on when I was 11 years old. As you can imagine, both horses are quite old now and while Annabell can't be ridden anymore, Fanny still is being used for small tasks.
Of course, I couldn't resist and rode her for a few minutes too. It felt great sitting on a horse again.
My Annabell and I (yes, she recognized me):
After we finished our riding lesson, I was able to help bring all the horses in from the pasture. It is a task I have done many times as a teenager and I still remembered how to do it. It feels amazing running behind those glorious creatures:
Thank you to Gabi and Britta for letting my kids clean, ride and love on the horses. All 3 of us are horse lovers and maybe one day we will even have our horse (I'm dreaming BIG)

No comments:

Post a Comment