Tuesday, October 9, 2018

36 Hours Well Spent in Amsterdam

On Friday afternoon, my co-workers and I (and lots of luggage) took the train back to Amsterdam, where we would spend the next 36 hours until our flight home on Sunday morning. We started off exploring City Centre on a leisurely evening walk. 
Fran, James, Jon, Jay and Brittany
For dinner, we enjoyed some authentic Indian cuisine and then finished the night off with a hot waffle before heading back to the hotel. 
Amsterdam central, train station, at night and the Catholic church:
The next morning after sleeping in and a good breakfast, we went to the famous RijksMuseum. It was Jon's birthday and he suggested it and I'm glad we went. It was three hours well spent as the exhibitions at the RijksMuseum encompasse a broad range of Dutch art and history ranging from the middle ages to present day. 
There was lots to see but the two most notable exhibitions are Rembrandt's Night Watch
and Van Gogh's Self Portrait.
My favorite was the Rijksmuseum Research Library, where more than 400,000 volumes are housed. My kind of room!
 Selfie with Brittany:
Once we stepped outside the museum, a street concert greeted us- European culture at it's best. 
After a filling, traditional Dutch meal, we walked around town for bit and then hopped on a boat canal cruise.  Impressions from the canal cruise, which I highly recommend: 
 Back on land, we tried getting around like the Dutch do:
Our last dinner: 
And that concludes my European business trip. Lots of work, but also some great experiences.
The next morning, we left early to the airport, where I met my mom. She was flying back with me to the USA for a visit :)
 Not elsewhere, but HOME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment