Tuesday, October 2, 2018

First Stop Germany

I arrived safe and sound but exhausted from the overnight trip in Berlin on Saturday, September 15th.  
Berlin from above
Here, I spent the first 3 nights before continuing with my business trip to Frankfurt. When I'm in Europe, it makes sense to stop by and visit family and friends, even though time is always very limited. Schnitzel for dinner on the first night was a big hit for my empty stomach: 
Mommy and me during an afternoon walk:
The next day started early as we had a family gathering. All the children and grandchildren were in attendance, except for my husband and children. Nonetheless, our group of 19 had a great time and worked hard to accomplish the 12 km long distance (times two) in the handcar.  
It looks easier than it is, especially when there is a bit of an incline. 
After the first stretch, it was time for a well deserved break and some delicious strawberry punch for the ladies.  
Family Photo and then we had to paddle back the 12 km:
Checking out the inside of a subway with my nephew: 
 Monday I spent in Berlin, having lunch and chatting with my dad. 
Tuesday morning, I took a leisurely bike ride, enjoying the beautiful fall weather. 
And then it was time to catch my train to Frankfurt, where we had a customer training with my co-worker, James. From there, I took another train to Rotterdam to visit our newly acquired company for a couple of days. 
European culture: Pretty looking trains, good food at the Bahnhof, even a dinosaur exhibition and cute elephants at the airport in Amsterdam. 
For the weekend, I flew back to Berlin. I spent a night with my Bestie and we just chatted away. This is what 32+ years of friendship look like: 
 Elias and me:
The remainder of the weekend was spent grocery shopping, bike riding and then on a rainy Sunday playing card games: 
Two weekends well spent! Always too short but so good for the soul. Next up, our conference in Rotterdam. 

No comments:

Post a Comment