Saturday, October 13, 2018

Holding Down the Fort

When Mommy travels, my husband steps in big time and takes over all my duties and keeps everyone sane and happy. To be gone for over two weeks is a long time and we missed each other a lot. Thus, it was great to get here and there a picture of my little ones or a sweet text message from my husband. 
In order to keep them busy, on the first weekend, Derrick took the kids up to Louisville to visit his aunt and uncle. Unfortunately, pictures are limited and there is none of his aunt/ uncle with the children. But I was told that they had a great time. On Saturday night, Derrick and his uncle even got to go to a Cardinals football game while his aunt babysat the kids. During the day, they explored some nature trails and stopped by at a festival. 
 The Rogers Clark Memorial Bridge in the backdrop:
 A shark and a baseball bat- two of Elliot's favorite things:
 I scream for Ice cream:
On Sunday morning, on their way home, they stopped at Dinosaur World near Cave City, KY. This park houses over 100 life-sized dinosaurs and one can wander among them in a natural setting. For my Dino-loving boy, this was a highlight for sure. 
The park also offered some hands-on learning experiences such as this Dino-dig: 
Back at home, they all pitched in to keep the house cleaned, the yard in order and their homework completed. Amelia helped Elliot with his reading on a daily basis. 
And then it was picture day, but someone wasn't too excited about it. His little grumpy face is just too cute so I have to share it: 
Overall, everything went well at home and I'm so thankful to my husband for taking care of everything and allowing me to go on this business trip. It took a lot of effort and planning on his part to arrange the drop offs and pick-ups from school, check homework, discipline the children, cook dinner and also work his full-time job. Of course, this made my homecoming even sweeter and everyone was relieved and happy to have me back home. Thank you, my love, for having my back, always!

No comments:

Post a Comment